Convert Shared Borders to Include Files
Replace Shared Borders with Design Time Includes
- First, back up the site.
- Open the _borders folder and make copies of the shared borders files. This is necessary since FrontPage may delete the shared borders when they are removed from every page.
- Open the first page
- Remove Shared Borders. Format-Shared Borders and untick all the boxes.
- At the top of the page,
Insert->Web Component->Included Content->Page Click Finish
[Note that this command is available as a tool bar button, Use Customise Toolbars to insert it on a toolbar.]
Browse to the copy of the top border, and click OK
Top "border" is now included.
- Create a table 100% wide, with 2 or 3 columns
- In first column, include the copy of Left border.
- In third column, include the copy of Right Border
- Select all other content on page and move to center column.
- Adjust table cellpadding and cellspacing to suit.
- Under the table, Include copy of bottom border.
- Save the page.
- Repeat for all other pages.